An excellent opportunity to work as a PhD student with Vladimir Guletskii in Liverpool, on motivic homotopy theory and motivic zeta functions. Some more details on the precise idea of the project can be found here, and some related preprints by Guletskii are here. The application deadline has now been changed to 31st May 2012 – see the comment of Vladimir below!
Archive for October, 2011
Posted by Andreas Holmstrom on October 26, 2011
Posted by Andreas Holmstrom on October 17, 2011
Some Paris events in the next few months:
- Mondays from Nov 5: Lectures on multiple zeta values by Don Zagier (Collège de France)
- Nov 8-10: Workshop on the Mumford-Tate conjecture (Institut Henre Poincaré)
- Nov 10 – 12: Lectures on wall-crossing by Kontsevich and Neitzke (IHES)
- Nov 30 – Dec 2: Categories and physics (Paris 7)
- Dec 5 – 9: Model theory of difference fields and applications (Orsay)
There are also various activities related to the IHP trimester on conformal field theory.
Next year: June 25 – 29, 2012: From algebraic geometry to automorphic forms (in honour of Laumon)